Who Am I?
(Not the philosophical answer you are looking for!) I am Ayesha Chari, a self-employed professional editor based in the United Kingdom (UK). My website address is: ayeshachari.com.
What Information Do I Collect, Why Do I Collect It, How Do I Use It?
- Personal data may include, but is not limited to: name, contact information (address, email, telephone), project details and related files, feedback or any other relevant communication (e.g. invoicing).
- I collect this directly from you when you get in touch to use my editing services. This is collected specifically for the following: (i) to communicate with you and respond to enquiries, (ii) to provide you with a chosen service and (iii) for any requirements of law (e.g. tax purposes, as determined by HM Revenue and Customs or HMRC).
Website Visitor Data
- When a visitor to this website leaves a comment on a blog post, the website collects the data shown in the comments form, and also their IP address and browser user agent string to help with the detection of spam comments.
- I will never collect your email address from any submitted comments nor will I add them to an email list, such as a newsletter or marketing email list, unless otherwise requested. I will never sell email addresses to third parties.
- When you fill out a contact form on this website, I only receive the information you enter into the contact form. When you submit the form, that information is automatically sent to my email address. I will only keep that information for as long as necessary to address your query.
- Email addresses sent to me via the contact forms are never used by me for any purpose other than to reply to your query. I will never sell information from contact forms to any third parties.
- As with the majority of websites, I collect and use the data contained in log files. The information in the log files includes your IP address, your ISP, the browser you used to visit my site (such as Chrome or Safari), the time of visit and which pages you visited throughout this site.
How Do I Store and Keep Your Data Safe?
- All on-going project files and related data are stored in a computer hard drive.
- Any email addresses used in correspondence are stored automatically via my email client’s automated software on their servers.
- All other contact details are stored in the same computer hard drive mentioned above.
- I take regular backups via TimeMachine and save data for all completed projects to external hard drives.
- I may use cloud storage to share files only if we have agreed to do so in advance (e.g. DropBox, WeTransfer, Google Drive).
All my devices (computer, external hard drives, mobile) are password- and/or fingerprint-protected. I have sole access to these devices. Any software or systems I use to provide services efficiently are licensed and valid. I take care to ensure all data are secure as best possible. (If there is a breach, I will let you know at the earliest and take appropriate action.) I will not sell, lease or distribute your information to third parties, unless required to by law or for a tax audit. I will not share your information with anyone without your explicit permission to do so (e.g. in a testimonial or reference).
Website Visitor Data
- All analytics data collected is stored on my website hosting provider’s servers, which comply with SSL certification and encrypt my site with HTTPS protection.
- I do not have a mailing list or newsletter via this site.
How Long Will I Keep Your Data?
I keep all your data indefinitely for business administrative purposes, unless you ask me to delete these. Note that I am legally required to retain your data ‘for at least 5 years after the 31 January submission deadline of the relevant tax year’, as stipulated by HMRC for tax purposes.
What Rights Do You Have Over Your Data?
- You can request to see the personal data I hold about you.
- If you believe any data I hold is inaccurate, please let me know at the earliest so I can correct records.
- You can request that I erase any personal data I hold about you. This does not include any data I am obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.